"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

First Day of School

Yesterday was Max's first day of school...
I think he was ready, what about you?!
For several days before the big day, I kept thinking about Max and how I couldn't believe it was time to send him off to "big school". They definitely grow up fast, don't they? I went through many emotions leading up to yesterday!
I had to get a picture with him too!
We left around 7:35 and waited quite awhile to get into the school. A quick picture in front...
He practically skipped down to his classroom and walked right in to find his seat!
Ready to go
And the sweetest smile ever!
When I picked him up, he said that he had a great day and liked school. I asked him if he found his milk money that I put in his lunch bag and he said, "No". I was HEARTBROKEN. :) I know, dramatic! But I almost couldn't stand the thought of him sitting there on the first day eating his lunch and not having anything to drink!! He didn't seem too upset about it, so I don't think he'll be traumatized. :) He also said two funny things on the way home - "Mom, I was just wondering if Sha texted you because I think today is a GREAT day to go swimming, don't you think?" and "Oh great...I REALLY wanted to ride the bus home!". HA! 

I'm so thankful he had a great first day and I know there will be many more to come this year! We love you, Max, and we're so proud of you! We are praying that you will...

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment