"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Meeting Baby Vada

Last weekend I was blessed to be able to go to Michigan to visit Matt, Molly and my new niece, Vada Jo! I was SO excited to leave on Thursday and couldn't wait to hold her for the first time! I was also excited to see my family but at the same time it was hard to say goodbye to my OWN little family. :( I knew I was going to miss them a lot! I was thankful to have such a wonderful husband and mother-in-law who I knew would take good care of them, of course!

Thursday night - holding Vada for the first time
She is such a sweet baby and very good! She barely cried at all and did so well while I was there! Molly and Matt were also getting adjusted to being parents and enjoying little Vada too. I HATE that I didn't get a picture of them - what's wrong with me?!?!

On Friday Molly and I went out to lunch, did some window shopping and went for a walk along the pier. Lake Michigan was beautiful and we even got to see a wedding and some surfers!

Just sleeping away at lunch
Pretending she's my baby :)
We stopped and got frozen yogurt at this place called the Pump House and it was SO cute on the inside.

On Saturday we had a full day of shopping in Zeeland at the Peddler's Market (we wanted to buy everything!) and in downtown Holland. Julie, mom and dad came for the day too! We had so much fun shopping and there's always a lot of laughs when we all get together! That night we went out to eat and enjoyed dinner together before they had to head back to Saginaw.

Vada sporting her Michigan colors
On Sunday we went to Mars Hill for worship and out to lunch again! 

Dressed for church
Enjoying having a baby lay in my lap again...
That night we had a bonfire outside in Matt and Molly's new fire pit - complete with s'mores!
On Monday (my last day there!) we took Vada for her 1 month check-up and got a healthy report from her doctor! She did great!

Matt Jr.!!!
Peek-a-boo
Then it was time to say goodbye. :( I had a wonderful time visiting them and can't WAIT till Thanksgiving! Thank you Matt, Molly and Vada for an awesome visit!

Love,

1 comment: