"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Wonderful Thanksgiving

We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? I have been thinking about all the things God has blessed my family and I with over this past month. I'm very thankful for my sweet family in Michigan, who I miss soooo much, and Jason's family here in Georgia. I'm also thankful for all of our friends who are so caring and loving, and all the many things that we take for granted. I'm VERY thankful for our baby girl that will be arriving in March!

Thursday was a great day for us...we started out at home, just hanging around the house and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I made some things for our dinner, including my first apple pie. It was an apple crumb pie so it wasn't nearly as hard as some pies can be! :>) Max was unusually clingy and whiny - wasn't sure why (found out later in the day that he was getting sick when he started running a fever!).

We ate at Sharon and Scott's with the whole family around 1:00 and it was just delicious!! The kids played outside most of the afternoon and lots of football was watched by the adults (not by me, of course). I let Max skip his nap and he sure was a trooper, considering he was running a fever. It was so great to spend the day with family and enjoy all God has given us. We definitely don't want to forget or ignore so many people that are in need during this holiday season!

Here are a few pictures from the day. Wish I would've taken more, as always. (Click on the photo grid to make it larger)


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

Amy

1 comment:

  1. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with you all~ family time is always so special!!! Hope Max feels better fast!!! And we are thankful for that precious little girl on the way too!!!

    ReplyDelete