"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Monday, June 11, 2012

Our First Service

Yesterday morning was Impact Church's first official service and it was a complete success! Everything went SO smoothly - I don't think it could've gone any better than a first service could go! :) 

It started with the core group all arriving at the school Saturday night. We cleaned and worked hard to get everything set up for Sunday. It was a late night because there had been a one day camp that day at the school. But that didn't stop us and neither did the rain yesterday morning! 

I remembered to bring my camera and got several pictures of KidCity all set up and ready to go. I didn't have much time to go out and take pictures of the rest of the church. :( I also didn't think of using my phone or camera during the service to take some pictures of the kids! I guess I was too busy teaching!

KidCity...this way!
IMG_8617
First stop...check-in table! Our friends, the Niemyers, volunteered to come and help us, and we were so grateful! Amanda and Janet did an amazing job checking in the kids!
IMG_8616
Next stop...K-5th grade room, where I am teaching with my two awesome teammates, Karrie and Corey!
IMG_8633
IMG_8613
IMG_8614
IMG_8635
Next stop...the 3-5 yr old room, where Sharon taught with Amy helping her!
IMG_8622
IMG_8626
ShayleeJoy ready to go!
IMG_8625

Last stop...the nursery/toddler room (babies - 2yr olds). My wonderful mother in law, Becky, Amanda, Caryn and Gina served in this room. They are AMAZING too!
IMG_8628
IMG_8632
And this was what the hallway looked like...a city! Many hours were spent on these and we thought it turned out awesome! Thanks to Tiffany for the vision and all our creative helpers!
 IMG_8619
IMG_8620
IMG_8621
IMG_8623
IMG_8624
Did I mention God has given me an amazing team? Ha ha! God has been so faithful throughout this whole journey so far...to take my team of one (me!) and turn it into 11 awesome volunteers! I'm so thankful!

I'm especially thankful for THIS person - my husband! The most important person in my life! I couldn't have done any of this without GOD and without him!
IMG_8634
Oh, the "big" service went great too! Jason said the worship band sounded great, Wes did awesome with announcements, and Nick preached a fantastic sermon! We even had several people stay after for our Forward class to learn more about Impact and volunteering! Whoo hoo! We had 140 total...not bad for Hartwell! :)

We are already looking forward to July 1!

Love,
Amy

1 comment: