"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Monday, June 17, 2013

The Thomas Family

Last weekend was a very special one for us because Josh, Kate, Dade and Piper came down to visit us! We were so happy to have them here and really enjoyed our time together!
IMG_0125
They arrived on Saturday around lunchtime so we just hung out for the afternoon, and the kids played outside and tried to stay cool. We headed over to Sharon's to take a quick swim (the Ankeriches were at the beach but opened up their pool to us - thank you!).
IMG_1783
On Sunday we all went to church together that morning. I LOVED having Dade and Piper in KidCity with me - they were a big help and everyone thought they were so well behaved and sweet! We got some more rain on Sunday so we had to cancel our plans of going swimming again. But the kids (big and small!) DID get to go for a ride in the woods on the gator and four wheeler. They had a blast!
On Monday we headed into Atlanta and went to the GA Aquarium. We had a great time and everyone really enjoyed seeing the whales, sharks, jellyfish and all the other amazing fish there. I was able to take a few pictures with my camera at first but then I realized it wasn't going to happen, so I switched to using my phone. It worked better since I was usually holding a toddler or baby!
On Tuesday morning we went over to Sharon's for one more swim. It was a beautiful day to go. The kids loved pulling out about 6 or 7 frogs from the pool! Kate and I, on the other hand, watched from a far! That afternoon Kate and I got to do a little shopping in Anderson. We had so much fun looking for things for the house (she has a knack for decorating and was helping me out big time!). We enjoyed one more night together and then on Wednesday it was time for them to say goodbye. So sad! Max and Adelyn LOVED having Dade and Piper here...they played and played together. We enjoyed their visit and look forward to the next one! Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a wonderful time~ SO wish we could have been here to visit!!! Glad they were able to come! Sweet photos!!!

    ReplyDelete