"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

4 Year Check Up

This morning my mom and I took Slate and Addie to the pediatrician for Addie's 4 year check up. I was kind of dreading it since I knew she would have to get 4 shots.
(My mom took these two pics - for some reason I never thought to get my phone out?!)


My mom waited with Slate in the waiting room and she said he did so well. Dr. Hobbs said Addie was a healthy 4 year old girl and she got a great report. I was so thankful! She weighed 39.6 lbs and was in the 80th percentile, and was 40.75" tall which was in the 69th percentile. 

When it was time for the shots, Addie started to get really whiny and nervous. I had a feeling it would not happen without lots of tears and I was right! They actually had to have another nurse come in to help me keep her still. Yikes! I was SO glad when it was over and so was Addie, of course! Poor thing! She got a sweet necklace from the treasure chest and then we hightailed it out of there and back home to Hartwell. She enjoyed half a vanilla frosty to help her boo-boos "feel better". :) Glad it's all over!

Addie is one sweet little girl.

She is beautiful, smart, funny, caring, independent, loving, determined, outgoing, animated, and affectionate. She loves to play outside, make up stories with her dolls, be read to, sing loud, and wear skirts! She doesn't like a lot of vegetables but will eat most any fruit you put in front of her. She rests every afternoon and sleeps well at night, as long as she's covered up. :) She loves to play with her brothers and tries to get along with them, but sometimes it's hard. LOL She can't WAIT to go to preschool in the fall.

Addie, you are one spunky little 4 year old and we love you with all of our hearts! We thank God each day for you! We know that He has big plans for you and we pray that you will be ready for however God wants to use you!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment