"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

First Day of Preschool

Today Adelyn started preschool at First Baptist Church of Hartwell. This is the same preschool that Max went to and loved. To say that Addie has been excited might be an understatement! She has been talking about it for weeks and so looking forward to starting! Last night we had her orientation and I explained to her that we would all be staying for a little meeting. We went to visit her classroom and she found her seat, sat down and said, "Okay, mom, I'm ready for you to go home now!". It was so funny! She's certainly an independent and outgoing little girl! 

Jason and I were so surprised that Addie didn't wake up on her own this morning. She is our early riser and is usually up by 6:30 but today I had to wake her up for school! She must've been worn out from all the enthusiasm yesterday. :) She was ready to go by 7:45 just like her big brother!
 ALL smiles!
Some more pics with everyone
I took Addie to school and walked her to her room. She was ready to go! She is excited to have Miss Terrie (forgot the 'e' on the sign!) as her teacher. My favorite is the one of her sitting at her desk. :)
When I picked her up today, she told me all about her morning. She gave a lot more information than Max has ever offered! Maybe that's the difference between boys and girls?! I loved hearing about it and will be saving the two things that were sent home, of course, for her preschool folder. 
That was probably a lot of pictures but I don't care...I want to remember these special moments with pictures and this blog. Someday I won't remember these little details and I'll be glad I had this! I am a little emotional today. Mainly because I have another child in school and it feels weird to just have Slate. It's like the season of having 2 at home is over and a new one is starting. And I want her to be a baby again! I also trained the last of 3 people this morning with another of my KidCity responsibilities and so I feel like I'm letting go of all of that too. So yeah...fighting a few tears today but that's okay. Like Sharon said this morning, I can't stop time but I can choose to savor each moment with them every day...

I'm looking forward to witnessing what God does in this next season of my life and I'm incredibly grateful. 

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Eph. 3:20-21

Love,

1 comment: