"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Run Over Violence

Today was another beautiful day in Georgia...and a great day for running a local 5K! Every year in Hartwell, the N. E. Ga. Council on Domestic Violence hosts a run/walk to help raise money toward the operation of "Heart Haven", a shelter for battered women. I had never done it before and thought it would be great to finally have my entry fee go toward something important! It was a good turnout - the director said it was the most runners registered ever before. I met my friend Missey and her husband there, and even saw a new friend of mine, Christine, and her husband. Awesome!

This was just too funny...I made a goal for myself that I would try to finish the race in under 30 minutes. Well, I did and I actually ended up winning first place for my age group! How fun is that? They had plaques they gave out for first, second, etc. in each age group and I happened to win for the 25-29 group!

Missey took a picture with my phone!


Guess I made it just in time, since I turn 30 on Wednesday! I'm enjoying these last few days in my 20's...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Loooooove the new picture in your header - such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!!! You rock! I am trying to ease into running. Bad this is. . . I don't like it. . . at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Laura Phillips in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you! You really get a goal and go after it!!!

    ReplyDelete