"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Friday, September 3, 2010

We're Expecting!!

I cannot even contain my excitement as I write this post!! Jason and I are expecting another baby and we are praising God for this blessing from above! We just went today for our 12 week ultrasound and I was holding my breath the whole time. Well, right up until I saw our little one and heard his (or her!) heartbeat. Can I say there's nothing sweeter than that sound? Many, many of you know the feeling!! I am just thankful beyond words today and have been celebrating ever since! Our doctor is in Athens, so we got a bite to eat at McAlister's, got the oil changed in the car, and finished with a little trip to Target (my fav store!). Jason let me get a few maternity pieces and I got a big salted soft pretzel with an arctic blast to wash it down! Ha ha. Healthy, I know. This is a WAY better day than last time and I'm loving every minute. We're leaving in a few minutes to get Max and go to Atlanta to see some friends of ours, and spend the night. We can't wait!

Here are pictures from our ultrasound today.



I decided to take a picture at certain points through the pregnancy with the same dress on instead of different ones. So here I am in my new dress, ha ha!

I am measuring 13 weeks right now and am due March 15. But, I will be having a scheduled c-section so we'll probably have the baby around March 8!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Amy, you look so pretty!! I am so so so excited! I am so glad everything went well today, I have been praying! I can't wait til that sweet baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the baby, LOVE the dress! :) haha I can't wait to welcome HIM or HER into the family! wish I could have been at target today celebrating with you! Love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are glowing! and I am crying tears of joy....rejoicing with you over this wonderful miracle!!! congratulations!! can't wait to follow along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We could NOT be happier for you all! What a perfect verse~ you know my fav!!! So thankful your appt went well and you DO look so beautiful!!! Hope you have fun in Atlanta. We made it safely to Guangzhou. SJ had her medical appt today and had to get 4 shots and a TB screening. NOT FUN! She is napping and we are just relaxing!!! Miss you like crazy and we DO get texts on Scott's phone.
    Love you!!!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you guys!!! I love that dress, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Amy!!! This is such wonderful news! And, we are only a few weeks apart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay. Yay. Yay. LOVE His timing in hearts and lives. And, LOVE His faithfulness to answer prayers---especially when they're prayers I've prayed. My b-day is the 9th, btw. =)

    ReplyDelete