"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Whole Lot of Working and a Little Bit of Partying

That about sums up our weekend...well, for my husband anyway! Because the weather has been extremely hot lately and we have not gotten any rain, Jason has had to begin cutting corn several weeks earlier than he planned. When it's time to cut, Jason works long hours and I'm a single mom for awhile! :) Friday was Jason's 36th birthday...SO thankful for him for so many reasons!!!! We had to postpone our double date for that night with the Ruckers because of work, but that's just the way it is. Anyway, Max got a chance to ride with Jason for awhile in the silage chopper and he just loves being with him. So cute!
photo
On Saturday my friend Julene, who I work with at the pregnancy center, invited the kids and I over to swim and ride their jet skis. We had a GREAT time! Adelyn loved swimming in the lake and eating lots of crackers on the dock. Max, on the other hand, wouldn't step foot in the water and was perfectly happy playing on the dock with his new water blaster! I even got to take a ride on the jet ski with Julene - forgot how much fun it is! No pictures, unfortunately! And another late night for Jason...

Today we got to spend together as a family and it was so nice! We went to church, relaxed this afternoon, and then celebrated Jason's birthday tonight with his favorite - strawberry cake. 
Max and I making the cake
cake
The best part when you're a kid (or an adult!)
cake2
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AN AMAZING HUSBAND AND FATHER!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
IMG_8825
IMG_8821
Love,
Amy

1 comment: