"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Change of Plans

On Monday we had planned to spend the day together as a family because Max was on fall break. We had also planned to go to a pumpkin patch called Jaemor Farms about an hour away in the mountains. Our plans changed when we arrived there around 10:00 only to find out that it is not open to the public during the week! I must've missed that little detail on their website. :( But I was not going to let that get me down or make me feel bad, so we thought of a "Plan B". We grabbed lunch at Chick-fil-A and let the kids play for awhile. We were reminded of how we really don't get out that much because our kids were SO excited to go there. Things were already turning around!
Addie did have a smile on her face...most of the time. :)

Then we were off to Stumphouse Tunnel Cave. We heard about it through Sharon and Scott who took the kids there recently, and really enjoyed it. In the 1850's a railroad was started that was going to go from Charleston all the way to Cincinnati but then construction stopped when the Civil War began and they ran out of money. Nothing ever came of the tunnel so it stands there today as a monument! 
The only one nervous about going through it was Adelyn but she relaxed when I grabbed her hand! It was so neat to walk through - cool and wet - and I was thankful I didn't see any bats. Max kept saying it was my fault because I was too loud. Ha! 

There was an old flatcar there and the kids loved checking it out. I got them to pose for a picture or two!

After that we walked a ways to see Issaqueena Falls and they were beautiful! A great day together as a family!

Unfortunately, all the pictures that I took with my camera were somehow deleted from iPhoto after I imported them on Tuesday. I haven't been able to get them back. :( It was a good thing I took a few with my phone too! 

Love,

1 comment: