So I started reading this book, Hands Free Mama, quite awhile back and thought it was SO eye-opening and challenging. We live in a fast-paced world with so many things that vie for our attention each day and some of those things are not that important. This book is all about learning how to let go of the distractions (your phone, computer, to-do list, etc.) so that you can grasp the things that really matter each day, like sitting down on the floor and playing with your child, having a lengthy conversation with your husband, singing with your kids in the car instead of talking on the phone...you get the idea! I got off track for awhile and have recently picked this book back up, and I'm so glad I did! I'm committing to be "Hands Free" again and would love for any of you to join me! If you struggle with any of this or are just interested in reading this book, I HIGHLY recommend it! It is seriously changing my life and helping me to be more present each day and really living life to the fullest! I have a long way to go but you gotta start somewhere. :)
So here's a moment I captured (and yes, I DID have to pick up my phone to take the video of Slate, ha ha!) of Slate dancing to "This Little Light of Mine". He was just adorable with his pink spatula in his hand shaking his bottom back and forth.
Thank you, God, for this little moment in the midst of a busy day. Help me to slow down more often and grasp more of these moments from YOU.
Love,
LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! What sweet babies! And PLEASE yes pick up that phone and video!!!!! XOXO
ReplyDelete