"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mother's Day

I am so thankful that God has blessed me with three beautiful children to love, care for and raise...
IMG_2033
it is my highest calling, I believe, and one of the toughest! I like what Lisa-Jo Baker says about motherhood - that God uses it to refine us and to bring us closer to Him and to remind us that we need Him so desperately. That couldn't be more true for me!!!

It was so sweet when I picked Max up from school on Friday and he gave me these things that he made for Mother's Day.

A picture frame
IMG_2024
A special card
IMG_2025
That's me. :)
IMG_2026
And I think God was reminding me through Max's answers that it's the simple things that matter the most (not pinterest activities or gigantic b-day parties!).
IMG_2027
He was so proud to give it to me!

On Saturday, I went for a short run at the park and came home to a card that the kids had made for me. Love! (I posted these pics because I thought maybe my parents would enjoy seeing some of the stuff the kids make!)
IMG_2046
IMG_2047

On Sunday we went to church, rested in the afternoon and then I took the kids over to Jason's parents to visit them for awhile. They love swinging on their porch swing!
IMG_2035
When Jason finished up at the barn, we headed to Anderson for a quick dinner at Mellow Mushroom. The kids did better than they've ever done in a restaurant. Whoo hoo!
IMG_2041
IMG_2042
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment