"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Max's 1st Birthday Party - Part 1

While we were in Michigan visiting my family, we celebrated Max's first birthday together. It was also Kate and Matt's birthdays! We all went to church on Sunday morning, ate some yummy Chinese takeout for lunch, and then started the party. Max had his own yellow cake with chocolate frosting that we decorated. I made a strawberry cake for the adults. It was SO enjoyable to watch Max look at his cake, try to figure out what to do, start eating it, and then just really digging in and getting messy. We all laughed and laughed at him, and took pictures like crazy. He sure enjoyed himself! I definitely think he loves cake.

We then opened presents and watched him smile at all the different things he got. He had a ball! I am so thankful we were able to celebrate with my family! I love them and miss them so much!

Here are my favorites from the party...
My creation

1 comment:

  1. The pic in the middle says it all! What a cutie and looks like he loved it. So glad his first cake was so fun. What a love!!!

    ReplyDelete