When we went home to Michigan, we couldn't wait to visit my Grandpa Mathis. I mentioned briefly in my other post about Grandpa. He was recently diagnosed with dementia and was really not doing very well. He was sleeping a lot and having a hard time moving, talking, etc. I was very scared and wanted to get to Michigan as soon as I could to see him. Well...I was supposed to fly out the day after we found out we had lost our baby, so of course that didn't work out. We ended up getting to go a week later and I was very thankful for that!
Grandpa was doing better and talking here and there. It was so nice to take Max to see him and I think it really brightened his day. He loved to see his great grandchildren! I got a few pictures of some sweet moments when Max sat on Grandpa's lap. I'm very thankful to have them!



What sweet pictures! I know they will always keep special memories for you. So thankful you were able to go spend time with him, I know Max made him so happy!
ReplyDelete