"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Friday, April 8, 2011

1 Month Old!

Today Adelyn is 1 month old! Hard to believe!

She had her 1 month check-up today and everything went very well. She is a sweet, healthy baby! She weighed 10 lb, 12 oz. (91%), was 21 1/4 " (55%), and her head was 15 " (80%). She definitely gained some weight this past month - she's trying to catch up to her brother I guess. Ha!
Max and Addie

Giving her a kiss (his favorite thing to do)

One thing our pediatrician wanted us to work on was getting her to move her head to the other side more often and working those muscles. We noticed that she kept favoring one side (it happens to be the side that was flatter when she was born!). So we'll work on it during tummy time, prop her up a little on one side at night, and I also got permission to have her sleep on her tummy for one nap a day. YES! We all know they sleep better on their tummies, don't we?

Adelyn is doing well with her schedule and it's more consistent now. She usually eats every 3 hours and will go 4 sometimes at night. We're going to work on getting her to go longer and eventually dropping that 5:00 ish feeding (or stretching it out)! I will be happy when she can go 6 hours at night! She is on a eat/wake/sleep schedule and is napping pretty well. She takes 4 naps a day and then is down for the night. She still isn't that interested in the paci and I don't think she knows how to keep it in yet.

We're so thankful that she's doing so well!!

I thought I'd end by sharing a picture of Max at 1 month old, as well as his information. I didn't do the pictures each month with the sign so I just had to look for some random ones to share!

Max - 1 month check-up

Cuddling with his daddy

This is so funny - Max weighed the exact same at his 1 mth appt.! And, when I looked back at his scrapbook, I noticed that Aunt Julie came to visit the weekend before he turned 1 mth - the same as Adelyn. Ha!

1 Month: Weight - 10 lb., 12 oz.
Length - 22 9/16 "
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. no way has it been one month already!!! she is beautiful and max looks like he is loving being a big brother. love those pics of them together. it's funny, because i think they favor each other (ason!) so much now, but adelyn doesn't look much like max in his baby pictures.....
    it's hard to tell from pics though, so i could be way off base! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's supposed to say, (jason!) but i guess i left off the "J" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO thankful Adelyn got a great report today!!! She is SO precious!!! Love the photos of Max and Adelyn together! XO

    ReplyDelete