"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's All About Saving Money...

Anyone agree with the title of this blog? Ha! With our economy the way it is right now, many people have jumped on the bandwagon with couponing, stockpiling, etc. I have been at it for a few months now and slowly getting the hang of it. I was first inspired by my big sis, Julie, who I have decided is an expert at saving money. She usually gets $200 worth of groceries for $100! I can't imagine! She also sells and buys a lot of stuff on Ebay, which I have yet to do. I just can't seem to get into the bidding. :>) Julie helped me get a coupon binder made which I store and organize all my coupons in (makes them a lot easier to find!). She told me about The Grocery Game which helps you see which items are on sale for the BEST price at various stores in your area. It seemed overwhelming at first but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm not even going to try to explain it all - just check it out if you're interested. Thanks Julie!

My sister also told me about $5 Dinners. I have just started to use it and I think it's going to be a great resource for my family! She was actually just on the Rachel Ray show today, too! She was trying to show the audience that you can eat healthy AND still save money. She has over 200 recipes on there, plus lots of other great tips and tricks. I think the first recipe I am going to try is the chicken enchiladas!

2 comments:

  1. Great info! You are doing so great with the coupon thing... I loved the $5 dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, me...oh, my. your sis does all this WITH what...THREE children in tow????? yikes!!!!

    ReplyDelete