"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!!

Every winter I have spent here in GA, I've wished and prayed for at least one good snow. That is one thing I miss about MI sometimes...I don't miss driving in it, but I miss the fun of anticipating snow, watching it fall, and playing in it afterward. Well, this winter has made my wish come true once again! We got about 6 inches of snow and it's just beautiful! I tried to get a couple good shots of how many inches we had from inside the house yesterday morning. They're not the best.


I was excited to get Max up so he could see the snow. Here was his reaction.

Jason had to go to the barn to check on things and was gone for quite awhile. I got to cleaning the house while Max watched a John Deere movie (his favorite!), and then we were able to head out into the snow when daddy got home. We played at our house for a bit and then headed over to Sharon and Scott's to see the girls and to sled down their hill.


The kids had a great time playing outside! Jason took Max down the hill - the first couple of times he cried but then he loved it. I even went down once! Jing wasn't too fond of sledding and didn't want to take a second trip down after the first!


Afterward we went inside for some hot soup for lunch, went home for naptime, and came back later for more playing, pizza, strawberry cobbler and ice cream. Oh yeah, and the Ankeriches' fire!!

A wonderful snow day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We had the BEST snow day with you all and look forward to another today!!!

    ReplyDelete