"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Monday, September 10, 2012

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures!

I promised my mom and sister-in-law, Kate, I'd take new pictures of the house and all the progress that's been made. I finally got a chance to take a bunch so here they are...

The outside (sorry, the bobcat was in the way)
IMG_0976
* Still not sure about brown above the garage. If you have any thoughts, please share. :) Jason would also like to put a fake window to the left of the left window (where the bobcat is). Not sure!

The window of Adelyn's room and our walk-in closet to the left where fake window will be.
IMG_0979
Our porch
IMG_0978
Our deck
IMG_0992
Appliances
IMG_0993
Our doors have been delivered!
IMG_0990
And the wood for our stairs and all the trim!
IMG_0991
So, building a house is a lot of FUN but it can be overwhelming sometimes when you're making decisions about what to put where, etc.! The hardest part, by far, has been picking the paint colors for each room!! I'm grateful for our family, especially Kate, who have been helping me figure it out. :) We decided to get paint samples of each color we chose so that we could see what it would look like. Jason finished and we headed over late this afternoon to check it out. I took a picture of each one but they may look different in the morning, as well as different from a camera phone!

The beige color we picked - will be in great room, foyer, hallways, bathrooms, etc.
IMG_0982
* We still have to choose a mantel for our fireplace! Any tips?

This was the green we chose for an accent wall in the great room and possibly our bedroom. When seeing it in person today, I thought it was too dark. It doesn't look as dark in the picture - ha!
IMG_0983
The plum color we picked out for the dining room. Still unsure about it! Funny how different these two pictures look because of the light!
IMG_0981
IMG_0984
The brown I chose for the kitchen - can't decide about it either! It doesn't look the same as it does in these two pictures (these look darker with a reddish tint).
IMG_0985
IMG_0986
Baby's room - I like it. :)
IMG_0987
IMG_0988
In Adelyn's room, Kate, helped me pick out a pink color and I'm going to do a sage green color on one of the walls. Just ignore the pink in the top right!
IMG_0989
Definitely need to make our decision soon on colors!

Addie loved to be in the stroller checking everything out
IMG_0994
Max was beside himself because Jason let him take a ride in the bobcat
IMG_0995
I also took a couple pictures that I wanted to share - the first is of Max this past Friday when he was headed over to Sharon's house for "Fun Friday". He was so excited! They went for a nature walk in the woods, read books and drew pictures by the lake, took a swim, had a picnic lunch and played and played!
IMG_0973
And this one is of Adelyn this morning. She wanted some bananas and to wear Max's superhero costume. SO sweet!
IMG_0975

Love,
Amy


1 comment:

  1. SO SO excited about all the things you shared! Yes, building is very overwhelming for sure!!! LOVE everything you all are choosing. Blessing and love! XOXO

    ReplyDelete