"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Friday, December 24, 2010

Gingerbread Houses and Playing in the Snow

Yesterday we spent the day at my sister Julie's house and had a great time. We had all the kids make gingerbread houses in the morning and they had a ball! It was hilarious to help Max with his...he kept wanting to eat the graham crackers with frosting, and then the candy when we started to decorate. I thought I did pretty good with the base but by the time Jason piled it up with candy (too much candy!), it fell apart and we had a good laugh. All the kids did a great job and enjoyed themselves!


After gingerbread houses, the kids headed outside to play in the snow and get sled rides from Uncle Jay on the four wheeler. Julie had a whole outfit for Max to borrow - complete with snow pants, coat, and boots! Once I got him all dressed, he totally reminded me of the little brother from A Christmas Story..."I can't put my arms down!". Ha!




This Christmas was an extra special time to be home with my family...my little sister, Molly, got engaged to her sweet boyfriend, Matt, on Tuesday night - the day before we arrived home! I was so excited for them and couldn't wait to celebrate with her. I also couldn't wait to hold my newest nephew, Bram Walker, for the first time. Isn't he just adorable?! He's such a good baby and I loved cuddling with him so much!
We got Max to give Bram a kiss - it was so sweet!

Such a great day!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. OK... y'all are having a LOT of fun!!! I know two littles that would love to be there hanging out with you all! LOVE all your pics and please tell your family Merry Christmas from all of us!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete