"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hart Life Christmas Lunch

Many of you know that I volunteer once a week at Hart Life Pregnancy Center here in Hartwell. I can't say enough good things about the center...it's a place of hope for many women in our community who need counseling, education, baby items, and so much more. I've been so blessed since I started working there and I'm very thankful that I can. I know that I probably wouldn't think about or meet certain women (or men) if I didn't go there each week, and I'm thankful for that, too. Tammy, the director, has been working with the center for more than 20 years and her heart is HUGE for other people. :>)

Yesterday we got together at Hart Life to have a little Christmas party and get to know each other better, especially those who we don't work with. It was great to meet some of the other workers, especially an older woman who just retired from volunteering - she volunteered for over 40 YEARS! Talk about serving your community and helping others! :>) We had so much yummy food and I enjoyed getting some pictures with some of my favorite women.

Tammy, the director, and me

The old Tuesday crew - Me, Emily and Julene

The new Tuesday crew - Melissa, Me and Julene


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing to give your time there~ they are very blessed to have you!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete