"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Michigan Christmas

Today was a wonderful Christmas Eve. We relaxed at home this morning and then the women headed out to run a few errands together. Then it was time for the Christmas Eve service. My home church, Hopevale, just recently built a new church building and I was excited to see what it looked like. We decided to go to the 3:00 service so that we would have time for dinner and presents afterward. The service was AMAZING...and it wasn't really the new building, beautiful music, or anything like that. It was amazing because I sat in my chair, holding Bram for the entire service, surrounded on both sides by my whole family and was overwhelmed by God's love and grace. I am so thankful!

After the service, we all headed back to mom and dad's for dinner and our family Christmas. It's definitely gotten a little more chaotic over the years, as more and more children have been added to the family. :>) This year was no exception. None of the little ones really had naps today so that made for an interesting evening! But we so enjoyed watching everyone open their presents and the looks on their faces. Lots of fun!

Every time I take Max's picture now, he says, "Cheese!" and the middle picture is the face I always get. Ha!

This was Max most of the time...he was delirious from the lack of sleep he's been getting this whole week.

I did manage to capture a sweet moment when he wanted to hug his buddy, Grady!
"Come here...let me give you a hug!"


"Where you goin'?"

Merry Christmas Eve to all of you! I hope it's been special for you!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment