"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

2 Week Check-up

Yesterday Jason and I took Adelyn for her 2 week check-up. I was a little nervous because I was hoping that she had gained enough weight back to be close to her birth weight, like they wanted her to. I have been questioning my milk supply lately and sometimes wasn't sure if she was getting enough! I have been taking herbal supplements to help. Anyway, I was reassured she was doing just fine when we put her on the scale to be weighed.

This picture was taken with my phone so you might not be able to see the weight. She weighed 8 lbs, 12 oz. and was only 3 oz. from her birth weight. Yay! She is in the 75th percentile for weight. They also measured her length and she was 20 1/8 " long (50th percentile).

She did NOT like Jason and the nurse holding her down and threw a big fuss! I don't blame her. :>) They also measured her head and it was 14 1/4" around (also 75th). Overall, she got a great report from the doctor and we are so thankful!

Adelyn is doing so well and we are so blessed to have such a good baby. She has been eating about every 2 hours or so during the day, and I'm hoping that she'll be able to go longer soon, but I'm trying not to worry about it (Julie!). She usually goes 3-4 hours at night between feedings. She's a great sleeper and isn't really into a pacifier right now. A definite difference from Max when he was a baby! She is starting to be more alert and stay awake more after I nurse her, which is fun! She loves when her big brother gives her a kiss or rubs her head, and of course when her daddy gets home to love on her each night!

Thankful for a great report!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. SO thankful for the great report too and what a precious blessing!!! SO healthy and so beautiful!!! YAY!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete