"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 1 Chronicles 16:34

Monday, November 25, 2013

Slate's Dedication

Today was a special day at church because it was Impact's first Child Dedication Sunday AND because our family, along with many others, were having our kids dedicated! Our pastor, Nick, did an amazing job of making the whole morning very special for each family. They had a photographer there to take a family picture, gave us each a certificate of dedication, wrote a letter to our children, and reminded us each of many important things while in front of our church family. 
 IMG_0996
IMG_1003
IMG_1004
I was reminded that not only is Slate (and Max & Addie) a gift from God but that I am to look to Him for Divine guidance, wisdom and strength in raising these precious gifts. So often I find myself looking to other moms, blogs, and books for the answers when I really should be looking to God...giving every little thing - potty training, discipline, learning, everything - to Him! And then WAITING for Him to speak to me...

I am thankful for that reminder today!

Loved the verse Nick shared for our children - "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." 2 Timothy 4:12 

Praying that Jason and I can teach our kids to be leaders NOW through their words and actions, and not just when they're older.

And this is a favorite verse of mine for us adults! "We will not hide these truths from our children; we will tell the next generation about the glorious deeds of the Lord, about his power and his mighty wonders." Psalm 78:4

Love,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment